CTEAM (Canadian Total Excellence in Agricultural Management)
CTEAM is designed as a mini-MBA for farm and ranch managers as well as value added ag-entrepreneurs. Through a combination of in-person and on-line instruction, you will learn business management skills and apply them directly to your farm business and develop a strategic plan to follow for success.
A distinguishing feature of CTEAM is its emphasis on identifying and developing your unique strategy and implementing it, guided by the strategic plan you put together as you progress through the program. This gives your business, and your management, focus. It has aided CTEAM alumni to improve their profitability, their self-confidence and work/life balance.
Instruction is led by Larry Martin and Heather Broughton, AME Principals, and a group of subject matter instructors consciously selected for their great academic backgrounds, but also for their extensive practical experience. They all do as well as teach.
Click here to meet the instructors.
“Very well organized and thoughtfully planned out. We are so appreciative of this program. It’s been so helpful and already looking forward to more. Thank you!” - Danielle Forcade, Forcade Farms Ltd.
What Will You Learn?
Through one in-person and two on-line modules you will learn how to:
- Develop a business strategy, incorporating and applying financial management principles
- Including comprehensive financial performance measures for your farm
- Get the tools to gauge and improve business and financial performance
- Lead and develop your people (or team)
- By understanding yourself, your family members and employees
- Learn how to attract, reward and retain good people
- Learn how to resolve family and employee conflicts
Over three on-line modules you will learn about:
- New techniques to manage operations with the intent of improving revenue and managing costs
- The basics of commodity futures and options as well as “product” marketing if you want to add value to your commodities, including use of social media
- Making capital investment decisions and enterprise analysis
- Succession and transition planning – family communication and managing ownership through the transition phases
Why Graduates Find CTEAM So Valuable
CTEAM Graduates found from taking the course:
Watch Our CTEAM Testimonial VideosFunding Opportunities
- Increased farm profits from improved revenue, better cost control, better debt management and better access to capital
- Improved organizational effectiveness through improved decision making, management and communication and stronger relationships with lenders
- Better communication skills and confidence in decision making, leadership and overall management skills
- Personal and psychological benefits because of less stress, more self-confidence and improved family dynamics and balance
What makes CTEAM unique?
- Over 300 CTEAM Alumni since 1998
- Focus on a strategic plan for your business
- You use your own financial data for analysis and planning as you progress through the program
- You will create a working plan for your farm business that you can implement as you work through the modules, and to review and adjust in the future
- The modules delivered virtually will be live and interactive, so you will be able to ask questions of your instructors and have meaningful discussions with your CTEAM group
- The format of the program keeps you accountable to finish that portion of the plan before the next session
- All the material presented in the program is yours to keep to refer back to once you get back to your business
- The opportunity to devote a block of time dedicated to working “on” your business with few distractions
- Meet farmers from across the country and participate in the valuable tours offered in the in-person module
“A very good program if you’re looking to bring your business to the next level. You will leave with a better understanding of your financials and how to assess your position moving forward.” - Sandra Dyck, 4-D Farms Ltd. CTEAM Class 2022-24
“It feels like a mini MBA program with a great blend of serious work and fun. You learn a lot of about your business which you thought you knew.” – Kurt Winter, Wintermere Sod Growers
QUESTIONS? Please contact Larry at 519-841-1698 or email@example.com