Canadian Total Excellence in Agricultural Management
*Please click the link above for important information*
CTEAM is designed specifically for producers and ranchers. Through a combination of online delivery and face to face format, you will develop and implement your own strategic and operations plans for your farm.
Why Graduate find CTEAM so valuable
Watch Our CTEAM Testimonial Videos
- Content and Instruction - Outstanding instructors and mentors present cutting edge management concepts in a comfortable, yet intense, learning environment. Four modules are delivered over five days at select locations across Canada. They introduce you to a variety of management situations, experiences and conditions.
- Learning is tailored to your situation - Program completion requires that you apply course material while developing and implementing strategic and operating plans for your farm.
- Learn from each other - As you develop your plan and discuss issues in the various modules, you get instant and expert input and experience from your peer group as well as your instructors.
- Opportunity to see outstanding operations - You will have the opportunity to see various farm and business operations in modules 2 and 3. The tours provide you with access to innovative operations and outstanding agricultural managers from different areas of the country.
- A life-long network - Participants from previous courses continue to correspond with each other, and enjoy the wise counsel of their classmates. You will benefit from the creation of a lasting network with other participants.
- Excel at what you do- Graduates of this course have performed amazingly well. Since 2010, eight graduates or graduate couples have been named Outstanding Young Farmer regionally; four were honoured nationally.
- Ongoing professional development - Once you've completed CTEAM you are able to attend our alumni programs further extending your network.
"CTEAM has changed me and my farm operation forever. My classmates and the instructors gave me more motivation and drive than I ever thought possible. This is a course that every farm operator, owner or manager should be enrolled in. Guaranteed success!
- Colin Brown, Dykeview Farms, Nova Scotia
Key Areas for learning:
Strategic Visioning & Planning
Developing focus and accountability through Vision, Mission and Strategic Intents, with timelines, actions and responsibilities for implementation.
Markets, Products, Marketing Plans, Business Risk Management, Understanding and managing people - Human Resource Management, Strategic Alliances and Relationships, Understanding and managing the profit and loss statement, the balance sheet, capital budgeting, managing assets and debt.
Business Structures, dealing with the Human Relationship Issues
Management Information Systems
Monitoring and reporting mechanisms to understand and control your operation, as well as understanding its performance
AME instructors are internationally renowned experts in agricultural management, and are drawn from both industry and academia. This approach ensures a sound theoretical basis for the program, combined with “hands on” practical experience in the application of ideas.
Principal & Lead Instructor
Agri-Food Management Excellence
Human Resources Business Partner,
Vencomatic North America
John G. Fast
Family Enterprise Solutions
Tracy L. Hanson
Business Development & Tax Specialist,
Registration Deadline: December 1, 2020
Our Next Class begins:
Module 1 - December 2020/January 2021 - Delivered Online
Module 2 - March 15-19, 2021 - Calgary, AB
Module 3 - December 6 - 10, 2021 - Guelph, ON
Module 4 - February/March, 2022 - Delivered Online
Tuition - $6,700 (plus applicable taxes)
*Please call us for information on discounts for additional registrants from the same farm unit.*
Request a Brochure
Register for the course
On the fence?
Larry Martin, AME Lead Instructor and AME Principal wrote a short piece on why CTEAM is worth your investment and time.
READ THE WRITE UP HERE